Wednesday 10 October 2007

Danielle's Testimony:

I was born in a Christian family, so I went to church since I was a baby. As I grew up and when I was around 8 years old, I asked myself why I should believe him and have to go to church everyday. I was always curious why so many people believe in him when there’s no specific evidence except for the bible and some places in the bible. Whenever I ask my parents or my bible teacher about those kinds of questions, their answers didn’t satisfy my curiosity. I just followed my parents and went to church to see my friends and hang out without knowing why I should believe in Jesus. However, when I turned 13 years old, I went to America and experienced many things that I’ve never had in Korea including my life with Jesus. I went to Korean church to see some Koreans and make Korean friends because there weren’t any Koreans at my school. Every Sunday, I was very excited about going to church because I made lots of good friends there. I had a bible teacher named Ms. Kim and she helped me a lot to get closer to God and she also helped with some problems I had struggled in my life. I’ve never thought of God deeply before in Korea, but I realized so many things about Him while I was staying in America. I was also very sad, depressed and lonely at home because I was staying at my aunt’s house. I never expressed my feeling a lot when I’m at school or with my friends and I tried to not show them how I feel when I’m alone at the house. I missed my family so much and Korea. I sometimes felt like killing myself, especially at night asking myself why I should live and what should I live for. Nobody really knew how I was at my aunt’s house but it was actually a great chance for me to get closer to God. Ms. Kim, my bible teacher helped me and talked about my life a lot and I just started to love God and believe in Him no matter what kind of evidence there is about Him. I seriously prayed every night asking Him to help me and make me feel better. Relationship between my aunt and me didn’t get better, but I definitely felt much better! I made lots of friends and joined many after school activities. When I was alone at my aunt’s house, I stopped feeling depressed because I felt that God is always watching me and He is with me.

No comments: