Tuesday 9 October 2007

Grace’s Testimony:

Ever since I came to my school right now, TCIS, my life changed very much. I was born in a Christian family; both of my parents are Christian and so literally I’m a Christian. But the time when I accepted Jesus Christ with all my heart, was when I was fourteen years old. My parents were involved in many services and teams at church. So I had to follow them; I went to church at least two days in a week, every week. Going to church was something that is not optional but mandatory thing. Where ever I was in this world, I went to church following my parents. Of course I love praising and praying to God, but I really didn’t know much about God. Even though I knew all the stories in the Bible, I didn’t know what the true message was. Later on, I entered middle school, and I became a troublemaker. My life wasn’t happy and I looked angry all the time; I couldn’t find the reason why I live and everything was just very annoying. Whatever I did was something that God would not be pleased. Then, I went to a Christian camp when I was fourteen years old. This camp totally changed my life. The church where I went to and where I still go is a very big church; more than thirty thousand people go there. So the Christian camp for the teenagers was also a very big event; more than thousand people went together. During the worship time and when the pastor spoke to us, I met God with all my heart. It felt like God was speaking to me and it felt like he was always inside my heart; at that day I totally felt and accepted him. This night is probably the night that I cried the most; my tears just wouldn’t stop. I realized how sinful and immoral person I was. God touched my heart and made me to repent, I was very thankful for God coming into my heart. The fact that Jesus Christ died on the cross for me was just very grateful and thankful. That he died for me to forgive my sins and that I am his daughter; I also realized that he promised me that I will go to heaven someday for I am his daughter. This night was the turning point in my life; I prayed so hard bending down on my needs, my leg felt like it was paralyzed. After three days of camp was over, I was given a new life from God. This turning point made me to make new goals and decided to live like a true Christian. If I didn’t go to this Christian camp, I would have been living a spoiled life. Even though I considered myself as a Christian I would not have lived like a Christian. It is hard to live as a true Christian because there are so many distractions in the world; but I really think that if I try, God will definitely help me. Honestly, after the camp was over my spirit didn’t stay that strong for a long time. But now, as I live my life I try to live like a Christian, in a way that God will be pleased with me. To become a true Christian, we all need to live our lives as a living sacrifice; sometimes we need to sacrifice ourselves and don’t do something that we want to do, if it is something that God will not be happy. Now when I think about my past I can see that I’ve changed a lot, in a good way. And I’m very thankful and glad that God changed my life. That he is working for me, that he has plans for me and using me. Nowadays, I pray for people who do not know God. Ever since God has done all these amazing things for me it is awesome to know God, and I wish everyone can experience God’s love. The fact that he is alive working for everyone makes me excited and joyful. At the time when I share my testimony with people, I hope that they could also meet God. Later when I go to heaven, I wish I could meet everyone.

No comments: